on Monday, April 1st, 2019 2:04 | by Anders Eriksson
Fpga transmission software has gotten a new user interface design. At least this is the preferred outline of how we would like the software to look like. Based on the limits of LabView some alterations will be made
on Wednesday, March 27th, 2019 11:38 | by Ottavia Palazzo
on Monday, March 25th, 2019 2:59 | by Anders Eriksson
on | by Miroslav Stojic
And the journey begins…
ElavGal4 x UASRyr65 “the wrong vials”
– > Graphs of the Trace.png (RightTrace – LeftTrace):
on Friday, March 22nd, 2019 2:50 | by Ottavia Palazzo
on Thursday, March 21st, 2019 4:06 | by Anders Eriksson
The LCD projector combines green and blue to form the color cyan. However, while using the spectrophotometer to record this wavelenght it seems to be alternating between green and blue to produce the color. The lights does not seem to be illuminated simultaneously.
This picture is composed of four different channels. One each for green and blue, and two channels for cyan. The cyan color needed to be put into separate channels because they were never illuminated at the same time.
on Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 1:45 | by Anders Eriksson
A flight performance test to see how the flies are behaving while flying. They have a slightly lower flight duration compared to the genetic controls but nothing that should impair them in the experiment.
The learning experiments are ongoing. I am doing n=15 for each line and each experiment, both Composite Control and also a Isolated Operant experiment. The Composite control experiment is done but I only got 13 flies for Isolated Operant. I do not want to preanalyze the data and will therefor post it when all the flies are done.
Been conducting a few control experiments to validate the “new” torque machine. Did a set of color learning and also isolated operant self learning. They do behave as expected. There is a small lumping together in the data the first period after the optomotor response in which the flies are in a neautral setting. It should be noted that it is a combined experiments of alternating right and left optomotor response. Also, the data in this figure is also a combination of the A/D converted “correctly” installed and “incorrectly”, i.e. inverted and reversed.
Johann Schmid and I have been working on getting updates to the torque meter software. Small changes but with significant increase in user friendliness.
● Inability to overwrite the data
● Progress bar and a time bar implemented
● It resets the pattern from one period to another. This is of critical importance as this enables one to do basically any kind of experiment on the machine
I have also gotten hold of a free version of LabView. I thought it could be a good idea that we could to small changes ourself to the software. However, my version is 2017 and Mr Schmid mentioned that he will be transferring to LabView 2019, and thereby retiring the 2017 version. A student version of labview is affordable, less than 50 Euros. It could be worth getting a legal licence of this software.
● The A/D converter now connects directly to the PCB. Only problem is that it is inverted, meaning that the signal from the torque machine gives a positive signal it is registered as a negative signal in the software. Mr Schmid is aware of this and will invert the signal in the software, rather than resoldering the PCB connection.
Updates to the DTS
● DTS is now also better compatible wit the new kind of data we are getting. A conflict occurred because of differences in pattern. An easy fix by just ignoring this parameter.