Katrin HofweberView Profile
Last week I continued the experiments for the optogenetics. These are my results:
and these are Lena’s results:
Compared to Lena’s results, my results are a bit too positive.
Last week, I started with the optogenetic experiment. Two days before the experiment, I put male flies into little vials (lightproof) containing standard food medium and I added a dab of yeast mixed with eihter ethanol (for control group) or ATR (= all-trans-retinal) (for experiment group).
These are the experimental conditions:
~ 1600 lx; 20 Hz; 10 ms puls width; short tubes (transparent tube with red light and an opaque dark tube); 30 sec in the elevator; 1 min testing; 4 hours between the first testing and the repetition;