on Monday, August 31st, 2020 12:54 | by Anders Eriksson
I wanted to expand and look into some general behavior of the mbon-2 flies. Mostly as a complement to the already existing data.
on Monday, July 13th, 2020 1:39 | by Anders Eriksson
on Monday, July 16th, 2018 11:39 | by Anthony Hernández Vázquez
(Coombe, P.E., 1986)
- mass electrical response of the eye
- waveform consisting of summed extracellular potentials produced by retinula cells and postsynaptic neurons
- recorded by electrodes
- waveform consists of on transient, negative sustained potential and off transient
L1 and L2
- Two main reasons to select study upon these two:
- Only lamina neurons which are known electrophysiology
- Intracellular waveforms roughly correspond to ERG transients
- Vam = Vacuolar medulla
- Semi-dominant mutation (Incomplete dominance)
- Characterized by formation of large vacuoles and absence of ERG transients
(Electron Micrographs from the lamina) (ERG)
ERG waveform and LMC degeneration
- No wt showed degeneration of LMC
- Negative nonlinear relationship between % of LMC degeneration and the size of on/off transients in Vam flies
- Previous work has shown age-specific degeneration of LMC in the lamina.
- Signs of degeneration start to appear in the form of large vacuoles in medulla and lamina.
- LMC may be responsible for ERG transients
on Monday, January 23rd, 2017 2:51 | by Weitian Sun