on Monday, June 22nd, 2020 1:58 | by Anders Eriksson
-Added progressbar for data validation
-Updated the progress bar (see figure 1)
-Fixed bug with wrong sample size (see figure 2)
-Fixed bug with unorganized barplots (see figure 2)
Exp always to the right:
plotOMparams <- plotOMparams[order(plotOMparams$desc),]
plotOMparams$group <- factor(plotOMparams$group, levels=paste(unique(plotOMparams$group)))
progress <- c(round(l(100/(length(xml_list)))),round(flycount(100/(totalflies))))
-Finished rescreening last Thursday. Started to evaluate the new data
Optomotor platform: Ran a few more tests to confirm that the machine was still working, it is. I also adjusted the 0 line so that it is at 0, by readjusting the “zero line” screw. Looks much better now but it is still not perfectly at 0. A difference 0.1 on the computer screen translates to 100 in the evaluation chart.
Ran a few more tests to confirm that the 0 line is always at 0. Readjusted the “zero line” screw. Looks much better now. It is still not perfectly at 0 but a difference of 0.1 in the chart translates to 100 in the evaluation graph.
on Monday, May 25th, 2020 12:23 | by Anders Eriksson
Recently I measured the optomotor response in T4/T5 flies. As expected, they did not respond to the optomotor stimulus as seen in the left chart below. However, statistical evaluation struggles to quantify this difference. It might be that this is because of the low sample size, or that we are using the wrong statistical analysis?
on Monday, May 4th, 2020 1:49 | by Anders Eriksson
on Monday, April 20th, 2020 1:57 | by Anders Eriksson
I experienced some issues with the first batch of the UAS-TNT control flies, theyh ad a very low learning curve. The second batched looked fine but the still have a slightly lower learning PI during Test1 than I want.
on Tuesday, March 31st, 2020 1:48 | by Anders Eriksson
on Monday, February 3rd, 2020 12:57 | by Anders Eriksson
on Monday, September 23rd, 2019 1:52 | by Anders Eriksson
The different MBON types and their averaged preference index for Test2/3 during isolated operant component in the flight simulator. Each letter corresponds to a randomized MBON subtype. All but one is being displayed due to low sample size.
on Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019 9:57 | by Anders Eriksson
The projector we are using is not an LCD projector. It is a DLP projector with a RGB LED light engine using a digital micromirror device to project the image. I used the GUI to access the LED driver control which allows you to project each LED individually or in combination. Forcing it into manual mode changed the way the projector displayed the colors. The projector takes in our case as input 24-bit RGB data at a frame rate of up to 120-Hz. The 120-Hz value is the upper limit of the projector and is only allowed using HDMI 2.1 cables. I am fairly sure that is not what I am using, but instead a standard HDMI allowing 60 Hz. This frame rate is composed of three colors (red, green, and blue) with each color equally divided in the frame rate. So using 120 Hz would allocate about 2.78 ms for each color, as we are using 60 Hz this number would be closer to 6 ms, the flickering I saw earlier is most likely a result of this.
However, accessing the manual mode of the LED driver control allows you to turn on the colors in pairs (or in 3 if using RGB). This got rid of the flickering
on Monday, April 1st, 2019 2:04 | by Anders Eriksson
Fpga transmission software has gotten a new user interface design. At least this is the preferred outline of how we would like the software to look like. Based on the limits of LabView some alterations will be made
on Thursday, March 21st, 2019 4:06 | by Anders Eriksson
The LCD projector combines green and blue to form the color cyan. However, while using the spectrophotometer to record this wavelenght it seems to be alternating between green and blue to produce the color. The lights does not seem to be illuminated simultaneously.
This picture is composed of four different channels. One each for green and blue, and two channels for cyan. The cyan color needed to be put into separate channels because they were never illuminated at the same time.