on Monday, May 25th, 2020 12:23 | by Anders Eriksson
Recently I measured the optomotor response in T4/T5 flies. As expected, they did not respond to the optomotor stimulus as seen in the left chart below. However, statistical evaluation struggles to quantify this difference. It might be that this is because of the low sample size, or that we are using the wrong statistical analysis?
on Monday, May 4th, 2020 1:49 | by Anders Eriksson
on Monday, April 20th, 2020 1:57 | by Anders Eriksson
I experienced some issues with the first batch of the UAS-TNT control flies, theyh ad a very low learning curve. The second batched looked fine but the still have a slightly lower learning PI during Test1 than I want.
on Tuesday, March 31st, 2020 1:48 | by Anders Eriksson
on Wednesday, February 26th, 2020 1:46 | by Ottavia Palazzo
- ato-Gal4 x conditional KO —> Removing FoxP in Dorsal Cluster Neurons for Buridan
- cmpy-Gal4 x conditional KO —> Removing FoxP in Protocerebral Bridge for Buridan
- temperature switch at embryo stage but shorter time —> for replicating the KO phenotype
- LexA + Gal4 together to analyze larval brain (I have always considered larvae except for this experiment, so I am doing it to be more complete)
Furthermore, for not loosing time this week I did:
- Leipzig presentation
- Wrote a bit of results for paper/thesis
on Monday, February 3rd, 2020 12:57 | by Anders Eriksson
on Tuesday, January 7th, 2020 11:57 | by Ottavia Palazzo
- Protocerebral bridge lines X CD8-GFP
- C380-Gal4 X UAS-gFOXP;UAS-Cas9 (+ 2 controls)
- stinger;Foxp-iB X FoxP-KO
on Monday, April 8th, 2019 1:14 | by Miroslav Stojic
Last week (1.-7.Apr 2019) we noted how many flies want to fly more than 8 min and here is the result (only the ones we noted):
– Wild type: 8/9 (88%)
– ElavGal4 x UAS-Ryr 28919: 3/12 (25%)
– ElavGal4 x UAS-Ryr 65885: 6/35 (17%)
Trace (Downsampled 5) Graphs of Recordings
ElavGal4 x UAS-Ryr 28919:
ElavGal4 x UAS-Ryr 65885:
on Monday, April 1st, 2019 2:54 | by Miroslav Stojic
on Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 1:45 | by Anders Eriksson
A flight performance test to see how the flies are behaving while flying. They have a slightly lower flight duration compared to the genetic controls but nothing that should impair them in the experiment.
The learning experiments are ongoing. I am doing n=15 for each line and each experiment, both Composite Control and also a Isolated Operant experiment. The Composite control experiment is done but I only got 13 flies for Isolated Operant. I do not want to preanalyze the data and will therefor post it when all the flies are done.